Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Partnership for 21st Century Skills

The Partnership for 21st Century Skills website is a homepage of an advocacy group who focuses on bringing 21st century skills into classrooms.  Upon first coming across the page, I was very excited.  I expected to find great resources on how to bring these skills into my classroom.  However, upon further exploration, I found there to be a lack of resources with the exception of ones that cost money.  They formulate a framework, but lack a discussion of "how to" that modern educators crave. While it's nice to know that there is someone out there fighting the battle of bringing 21st century skills into classrooms, but I left the website unsure of what role they were playing.  This is not a site I plan to bookmark and visit regularly in the future.

4 comments:

  1. I found this website a much more valuable then you, but I do agree that is needs more resources for teachers. I suggested that they incorporate the 21st century skills into the national content standards. If you don't use the resources of this website, then what will you use? Though it may not be the best, it's better then nothing. The implications for not participating in teaching 21st century skills are far more harmful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not impressed with the website. It should have more information geared to teachers. I would have liked a section where participating teachers could voice their opinions and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely agree that this site does not look "or feel" like anything geared towards 21st century learning.
    However, I am trying to explain that as their desire to communicate to those who are still in the 20th century.
    Overall, it is hard to say who are they after?
    To me, it seems that they are more after government officials, policy makes and business people than teachers.
    That is why I think this site lacks useful resources and interactive aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt like this website was more for state board members or curriculum advisors than teachers - and promoting it may help our state get on the technology bandwagon with a mandated curriculum.

    ReplyDelete