Sunday, October 31, 2010

Course Reflection

I have incorporated many of the things I learned in this course into my personal theory of learning. After experiencing the course materials, I have found that it is critical for the students to be actively engaged during the learning process. While I was aware of this before, I feel more strongly about having the students construct a product that is representative of their learning. In the future, I will tend to shy away from using technology simply as a means of presentation. I will allow my students to interact with the technology. I plan to use Voice Thread technology in both an upcoming 2-step algebra unit as well as a literature unit I will be doing with my students. Just last week, my students went on a field trip to Gettysburg Pennsylvania. The students who were unable to attend for a variety or reasons were given an assignment to complete after taking a virtual field trip of Gettysburg. The assignment required students to explore the web resource and find key pieces of information. In the future, I would like to use and explore new technology in my classroom. I have not been actively keeping up to date on new educational technology. In an attempt to educate myself, I have subscribed to educational technology blogs of fellow educators and have found several website on the topic. Also, I would like to lend a helping hand to students who continue to struggle with technology. In the future, I would like to provide after school technology tutoring. The students in my school have such a wide range of technological abilities. I would like to provide assistance to students who lack skills or are not comfortable with what they know.

No comments:

Post a Comment