Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Goals

I have selected the following two indicators to strengthen my confidence and proficiency with.  The first indicator is to engage students in exploring real-world issues and solving authentic problems using digital tools and resources.  The second indicator I have selected to focus on is to design and adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.  In order to achieve my goals, I will continue to research and read about technology usages in the classroom.  Every month, I will attempt to incorporate two new technology resources into my lessons and planning.  My goal will also be to allow my students to interact with my new resource in addition to myself.  At the end of each month, I will set a calendar alert that includes the following questions, three of which were suggested by the course text: 1. Have I met my learning goals, 2. should I modify my goals or my learning strategies, 3. what will I do differently in the future, and 4. How effective and useful was my new technologies, and 5. How will I use this resource in the future.

4 comments:

  1. After reading through your posting this week, I have just a few questions. First off I really like your goals, your actions steps, and monitoring of these goals. However, I was wondering in what ways are you going to evaluate your goals? Some of the steps you are taking in the monitoring stage seem to fit into the evaluation stage, so did you combine those two steps into one?

    During the time when your answering your questions, it might be beneficial to jot down some notes that way you are seeing what you are reflecting on. Overall good ideas though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,

    Overall, I think that you have two really good goals to work towards. I like that you have the willingness and eagerness to incorporate two new technology tools each month. Have you thought about what those tools will be and what you have available in your schools? A way that you could evaluate or monitor your goals is to gather data on student learning outcomes through means of assessment. You could see if the technology tools were integrated effectively and used efficiently by your students by reviewing your reflective questions and answers. If the technology tools were incorporated effectively, then student grades could improve and student engagement in the lessons will heighten.

    HanNa Chung

    ReplyDelete
  3. B. Diehl,
    In my mind, the monitoring and evaluating stages do go hand in hand. Through monitoring my progress on achieving my goals, I will gain the knowledge necessary to evaluate my progress. I agree that it would be beneficial to jot down some notes, this will give me something to refer back to later. Thank you for your comment and advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hanna,
    I have to admit in order to achieve my goal, I will have to do research to find out what technology I want to pursue. Initially, I think I would like to try my hand with digital story telling and creating podcasts. I also agree that student learning is an important indicator in the effectiveness of a technology tool.

    ReplyDelete