Wednesday, April 13, 2011

GAME Process for students

The focus of my GAME plan has been to find and utilize technology tools in my classroom. It is my ultimate goal to expose my students to copious amounts of educational technology and have them personally utilize it in their learning process. Through the use of technology in my classroom I feel that students should naturally strengthen their proficiency in the technology standards and indicators outlined in the NETS-S. The natural exploration of educational technology will model many technological literacy skills.

In using the GAME plan process with my students I will hopefully help them to become life long learners who can monitor and evaluate their own learning. In order to be a self directed learner, students need to be able to set personal learning goals. I feel that my students especially struggle with setting and working towards achieving personal goals them have set for themselves.

3 comments:

  1. Amy,

    You make a good point about how the GAME plan can be used to help students become life long learners as well as self directed learners. The GAME plan is a great way for students to practice becoming a learner that sets goals and actions to accomplish them. By having the students choose NETS-S standards, we are helping students to also become exposed to educational technology and using it to support their learning. It is always our ultimate goal to prepare students to become a learner that will be ready for the future workplace. We know that preparing our students for the technological world will only get more advanced and we can do our part by explaining the standards and working with them to achieve them. I am confident that as you introduce the GAME plan to your students, they will be well on their way to accomplishing many goals that they set as they are given a process and guidance to get there.

    HanNa Chung

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,

    You make an excellent point about students naturally learning along the way. If we as teachers model properly for our students then they themselves will be able to learn along the way.

    Students setting goals during the learning process has been a struggle for me. They constantly want me to set the goals for them and really have trouble in setting any type of goal. I would really like my students to improve in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Setting personal learning goals is a very mature phase of the meta cognitive learning process. I think our students are often told exactly what to do and how to do it. Teachers often set goals for students. At first the goal setting process seems awkward, but through practice and guidance, students become more proficient.

    ReplyDelete