Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Revising My Game Plan

    What have you learned so far that you can apply in your instructional practice?
    After having a very successful experience with my previous GAME goal I am even more inspired to start my progress over while I incorporate what I have learned. I have located and had building officials approve the use of an online program that sends text message reminders to my students.
    What goals are you still working toward?
    After having accomplished my last goal, I plan to continues to research and implement various technology tools into my classroom instruction. My initial goal was to implement two new things into my classroom. After a short time, I realized that my goal was very ambitious and reduced the number to one per month.
    Based on the NETS-T, what new learning goals will you set for yourself?
    Currently my school district does not allow access to blogs, wikis, and various other social network program within the school network. I plan to gain an understanding as to why they are blocked and see if I am able to gain access as a means to improve student learning. My ultimate goal would be to have my students participate in a Wiki before months end.


    What learning approaches will you try next time to improve your learning?
I plan to discuss my concerns with school administrators and the technology liaison in my building. I will have to browse through the internet exclusions policy and become familiar with the parameters of that document. I also have to find social networking tools with high levels of user security so I can present the benefits and safe usage plans I will implement in my classroom.  

2 comments:

  1. Amy,

    One of the reason I believe that you don't have restrictions to certain sites (even for school use) is because they fall under the blog/forum category. And more then likely all these types of websites have been blocked. Your technology coordinator might be able to explain this even more and with approval they might be able to unblock certain websites for use. Such as allowing students to to get on blogspot or wiki, and keep all the rest of the other blog websites blocked. Good ideas and glad you have been able to get your GAME plan implemented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to talk with my technology coordinator about this matter sometime in the near future. Hopefully, he can make exceptions that will allow me to have access to important educational tools! Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete